Looking for ways to experience, enjoy, and learn more about LA? Welcome to Curbed LA’s city guide, a map of 26 essential things to do in Los Angeles. Suited for locals and visitors alike and curated by Curbed editors, this map is a guide for an ideal fall weekend in Los Angeles. It’s also inspiration for entertaining out-of-town friends and family—without visiting a single tourist trap.
The pocket guide is updated seasonally, spotlighting cultural institutions, the outdoors, and beautiful spaces. With autumn in swing, picks include El Segundo’s charming Old Town Music Hall, a photography exhibit in East LA, a tour of old Victorian homes, and a new plaza and wine bar in Downtown.
Looking for more ways to explore the City of Angels?
- From Malibu to coastal Orange County, here are 13 great beaches.
- Spend a weekend exploring the desert or the mountains.
- If you’re looking specifically for famous architecture, we’ve mapped the 20 most iconic buildings in LA.
- Take a hike for a good view of the world-famous Hollywood Sign.
- Got kids in tow? Here’s a map of 26 family-friendly places and activities in LA.
- Head to a Chavez Ravine to see the Dodgers play.
- If you’re a bookworm, here’s a map guide to the haunts of legendary authors like Joan Didion and William Faulkner.