Looking for something to do over Labor Day weekend? Welcome to Curbed LA’s city guide, a map of 26 essential things to do in Los Angeles. Suited for locals and visitors alike and curated by Curbed editors, this map is a guide for an ideal summer weekend in Los Angeles. It’s also inspiration for entertaining out-of-town friends and family—without visiting a single tourist trap
The pocket guide is updated seasonally, spotlighting cultural institutions, the outdoors, and beautiful spaces. With summer in full swing, picks include kayaking in the Naples Canals, touring Malibu’s spectacular first beach house, feasting on seafood at the waterfront, and viewing a powerful exhibit on black art at the Broad.
Looking for more ways to explore the City of Angels?
- From Malibu to coastal Orange County, here are 13 great beaches.
- Spend a weekend exploring the desert or the mountains.
- In the summer, Los Angeles hosts a handful of not-to-be-missed outdoor concerts, movies, and night markets.
- If you’re looking specifically for famous architecture, we’ve mapped the 20 most iconic buildings in LA.
- Take a hike for a good view of the world-famous Hollywood Sign.
- Got kids in tow? Here’s a map of 26 family-friendly places and activities in LA.
- Head to a Chavez Ravine to see the Dodgers play.
- If you’re a bookworm, here’s a map guide to the haunts of legendary authors like Joan Didion and William Faulkner.